My therapeutic approach is client-centred. Every person, big or small, is an individual who deserves respect and compassion, and is the expert of themselves. Every person struggles, grows, and learns in their experience of living. The core of every person is whole and untouched by difficult experiences. This is the resource we access in the process of healing.
My work has been influenced by: Bessel van der Kolk, Peter Levine, Thomas Verny, Dan Siegel, Richard Schwartz, Bruce Lipton, Kim Barthel, Jack Kornfield, Thich Nhat Hanh, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Kristin Neff, Brene Brown, Barbara Coloroso, and Shefali Tsabary, among others.
My true learning has come from the individuals with whom I have had the privilege to partner with.
My Therapeutic Approach involves:
- learning about what is important and meaningful to you
- listening to your unique story of how you came to be
- learning about your individual stress response system and how it communicates
- exploring stressful imprints that are stored in your brain, body, mind and spirit and how these impact your day to day functioning in the present
- facilitating recovery and healing from the stress of past or present experiences
- practicing new ways to be calm and focused, in present time
- discovering ways to engage in daily life activities with more function, purpose and ease
Treatment Modalities include:
- play therapy (for children)
- mindfulness and/or sensory awareness activities
- guided visualizations
- inner child & soul work
- acupressure and other energy medicine modalities
- therapeutic use of self (providing a calm, compassionate, non-judgmental presence)